Fortnite update 11.4 introduces weapon sidegrading
The first update of the year has landed for Fortnite players and brings with it weapons sidegrading.
v11.40 is live for Battle Royale in Fortnite and you are now able to sidegrade your Assualt Rifle and turn it into a Heavy Assault Rifle for use in non-competitive playlists.
It’s possible the upgrade option, which can be completed at Upgrade Machines, will extend to other weapons in the future.
Introducing Weapon Sidegrading!
Use Upgrade Stations to convert your AR to a Heavy AR. Check it out now. pic.twitter.com/v0XAzyb7Ji
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) January 15, 2020
Elsewhere in the update, Epic has also reduced material costs for upgrading weapons at Upgrade Machines. It also added the following items to the Battle Lab: Flint-Knock Pistol (Common and Uncommon), Shockwave Grenade, and Impulse Grenade.
The iPad Pro now supports 120 FPS and clickable thumbstick buttons L3 and R3 are now usable on supported iOS controllers.
A small list of bug fixes have also been applied:
- Players’ Star Wars Achievements have returned to the Legacy timeline.
- Resolved an issue involving the “F” key not enabling proper movement after the direction was remapped to it.
- Resolved an issue involving editing quickly causing players to remain in Edit mode.
- Falling into a Hideout no longer causes the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle’s crosshairs to disappear.
- Resolved an issue involving the “Visit different bus stops in a single match” Remedy vs. Toxin Challenge not tracking progress for some bus stops.
- The Spectrum Contrail again changes colors while in motion.
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving mobile players getting stuck in a loop on the Select Fire Mode screen.
- Resolved an issue involving console players being unable to progress through the gifting process if they did not have Two-Factor Authentication enabled.
While you wait for Season 2 of Chapter 2 to begin, there are several Overtime Challenges to complete over the next few weeks. You will be tasked with finding and destroying Slurp barrels, trucks and silos across the map. If you need help finding them, we’re here for you. Just hit up the link.